Thanks to my (hoop) dream coming true yesterday at the Harlem Globetrotters (or, for the layman/in-crowd/fanatic: The Globies), I now know the referee hand gesture for a four point shot. Yes, I said four points. And no, this move will never make sense at any other sporting event but I will use it forever.
Just in case you’re wondering what i look like every day…it’s this.
(it is not this.)
Last time I played trivia, I was asked what my ‘area of expertise’ was.
If I’d given it just a bit more thought, the ‘chips slash snack food’ genre would’ve come to mind (obviously) but– panicked– I just mumbled something about film & television, and ‘not sports.’
But then, gloriously, about halfway through the game, my time to shine arose like the puff pastry on a French recipe I’ve only pinned about. (See? It all comes back to food. Always.)
The question: What chip brand has the following flavors: original, jalapeno, pizza, and honey mustard.
POP QUIZ WISE GUYS!
Do you know the answer? Because I DID.
Take a wild guess…do it.
1. you like cilantro. and tell me my guacamole is the best you’ve ever had (unrelated but important)
2. you cry watching the olympics. only heartless people aren’t emotionally moved by DREAMS COMING TRUE
3. you’ve shamelessly rubbed a magazine perfume sample on your wrist to ‘road test it.’
4. you will never make me tell a story/joke in front of a group if i don’t want to.
5. but you laugh at most of my jokes.
6. you don’t have a wedding pinterest board unless you are engaged/a wedding planner.
7. you don’t take it personally that i am on average 7 minutes late everywhere i go.
Well, I think that about sums it up.
What are your friendship dealbreakers?
Now you just have a proper name for it.
Extreme title? Perhaps. Serious vote happening here? Certainly.
I had the most delicious margarita Friday afternoon, followed of course by my desire to form a margarita club, fueled of course mostly by my desire to name it.
So, please vote on your favorite name for my club that will most likely never form but will have a really great name just in case. It may be the most important vote you make this year (it won’t be the most important vote you make this year).
- Who What Cuervo
- Patron the Night
- Neighborhood Lime Watch
- Ice, Ice Babies
- If I Had a Lime
- Friends Sip (this is an underdog but say it out loud..friendship! and real friends sip drinks together. GET IT)
- Hit us with Your Best Shots
- Marg My Words
- Good Sama-RITA-ns (if we were a non-profit drinking society, duh)
- How Bizarrgarita
- When You Wish Upon a Marg
- Avant Marg (art + tequila)
- Tequilove (speed dating + tequila)
A fun list of links on a Friday? I am SUCH A BLOGGER. Mostly I just have four things to say and you’re gonna listen whether you like it or not (you’re gonna like it…I guarantee it. #menswarehouse)
I wish we had one of these in Nashtown. I would take the whiskey tasting class and the brunch cooking class and the sushi + sumo wrestling ooh and champagne and cupcake tasting and probably all at once huzzah!
I dare you to listen to these two crooners/lovers and not sorta wish you could go back in time to when men were men and music was music and Elvis was alive and malts were shared with two straws. Even better. locals, there may still be time to see them in Smokey Joe’s Cafe at Franklin Theatre. You will not be sorry. Oh, and get bottomless mimosa’s first at 55 South first. #bossy
The blog behind the reason that I probably need to have at least one red-headed child. So, ginger suitors, please take note: you’re back in the game.
If you want to see me go bananas, meet me at the Southern Artisan Cheese Festival tomorrow. I think my head/heart might explode from happiness. You cheddar believe it’ll be a real, gouda time. (I hate myself).